“Treating both the muscles and the joints achieves the greatest results.”
— Dr. Dave Witt
Chiropractors are generally known for adjusting joints. Dr. Witt stands out for treating both the joints and soft tissues (muscles and connective tissues). Because the joints and soft tissues are connected, a comprehensive approach achieves greater results and requires fewer treatments. Dr. Witt utilizes a highly effective combination of chiropractic adjustments, therapeutic massage, and exercise therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments restore joint health and mobility. They also improve the function of the nervous system, vital organs, and surrounding musculature. Joints are first assessed to determine where adjustments are necessary, then gentle hands-on adjustments are provided. Dr. Witt utilizes Motion Palpation to assess the joints during each visit. This is ideal for several reasons:
- Safe. X-rays are not needed in most cases, which eliminates unnecessary exposure to radiation.
- Individualized. The adjustments performed are individual to each patient, each visit.
- Effective. Significant results are achieved because the treatment continually adapts to changes in the joints and tissues.
Studies indicate that soft-tissue pain accounts for 55-85% of pain and headaches, but it is often left untreated by chiropractors and physicians. Dr. Witt utilizes a variety of techniques for soft-tissue treatment:
- Trigger Point Therapy. Trigger point therapy treats fibrous tissue or knots that starve tissues of nutrition and oxygen. Trigger points often cause or refer pain to other areas.
- Instrument Assisted Soft-tissue Mobilization (IASTM). IASTM is an evidence-based treatment for soft-tissue fibrosis or chronic inflammation.
- Rossiter. Rossiter is used to treat the entire fascial and kinetic chain, and achieves results very quickly. It is beneficial for a wide range of conditions, including chronic pain, new or old injuries, and joint pain.
Dr. Witt provides exercise therapy by guiding patients through targeted exercises that can be repeated at home to speed healing. Movement is essential for healthy joints, muscles, and the central nervous system. Therapeutic exercises restore functional patterns of movement and improve motor control from the central nervous system.
Low-level Laser Therapy
Laser therapy is sometimes included during chiropractic treatments, but patients can also utilize it as a stand-alone treatment. Low-level laser therapy has been studied as an effective treatment for many health conditions. See detailed information and studies from Erchonia here.